Zapp Brannigan From ‘Futurama’

HOME Forums Space Quest Series Zapp Brannigan From ‘Futurama’

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Unknown,Unknown
      Participant

I’m sure this has been said before, but does anyone else think that character Zapp Brannigan from the cartoon ‘Futurama’ is a LOT like our good friend Roger Wilco? I mean, come on, even the suit that he wears. The attitude is also very close. I don’t know, I was just watching ‘Adult Swim’ and noticed it, I thought I’d make a post. Maybe Matt Groening is a big Space Quest fan. I just wished it wasn’t done. I loved that show. Anyway, just babbling.

• #26691 Reply
      Unknown,Unknown
      Participant

I have always been of the opinion that Futurama (and Galaxy Quest) would not exist had it not been for Space Quest.  Regardless of the serious sci-fi influences like Star Trek, etc. it’s clear that the show has set out from the start to copy the feel of Space Quest, i.e. the way it parodies serious sci-fi.  The art direction is also very similar to that of the later SQ games, especially SQ6.

• #26692 Reply
      Unknown,Unknown
      Participant

Hahah, I remember thinking that the first time I saw his character appear!

Cool, I’m not alone 🙂

• #26693 Reply
      Unknown,Unknown
      Participant

I always thought the uniform looked the same too.  I think Fry is more like Roger Wilco though.  And Futurama is coming back sometime in the near future.  I think it will have new episodes on Comedy Central.

Viewing 3 reply threads
Reply To: Zapp Brannigan From ‘Futurama’
Your information: