Willy Beamish Beta?

HOME Forums Other Sierra Games Willy Beamish Beta?

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Unknown,Unknown
      Participant

I’ve noticed that in the demo of Willy Beamish all of the music and some graphics are different, most noticebely the title screen and a picture on the dining room wall where the TV should be. The demo seems to be based on a fairly early beta build. I’ve wondered if I could somehow play the demo instead of watching it to see some other beta changes. I’ve tried moving the game data files into a folder with the final EXE, but it doesn’t work. Anybody know how to make this happen?

• #29405 Reply
      Unknown,Unknown
      Participant

That’s really interesting! I’ll have to play the Willy Beamish demo again. I never noticed that. I don’t think it’s possible to simply do a change around with files. Presumably, the demo resource files only contain the areas of the game used in the demo. Since Willy Beamish is not written in SCI, it’s not possible to view the resources. Unless perhaps one of the experts around here can tell us these types of things? I have some Willy Beamish development material and I’ll compare the screens with that as well and I’ll let you know what I find.

• #29406 Reply
      Unknown,Unknown
      Participant

Wow, really? Just screenshots and things, or do you actually have some playable betas? Whatever you have, please send it all to me, because I’m a big Willy fan and would love to see it all! I’ve even started a Willy Beamish Fan Club:
      http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/willybeamishfanclub/ 
      Doesn’t have any members yet, though, but any Beamish fans are welcome!

• #29407 Reply
      Unknown,Unknown
      Participant

I don’t have any betas, though I’m going to see if any of my contacts have one. But I’ll check out those screenshots comparing the demo and the game and put them up, and I do have some development sketches – and I’ll post those as well to compare the applicable screens. With the archival projects that we have in progress here, eventually a ton of Willy Beamish production material will be available to be seen.

Viewing 3 reply threads
Reply To: Willy Beamish Beta?
Your information: