What Happened to Vintage-Sierra.com?

HOME Forums Open Discussion What Happened to Vintage-Sierra.com?

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Unknown,Unknown
      Participant

It looks like the site, along with the forum, has been down for the past 2 or 3 days. Does anyone know what’s up?

• #27765 Reply
      Unknown,Unknown
      Participant

(re: What Happened to Vintage-Sierra.com?) Yeah I noticed that also last night.. didn’t know it was down for 2 or 3 days though. Josh just sent me an email the other night too – didn’t mention anything about it going down, nor did I suspect him of planning on taking it down.
      The only thing I could think of was that server bandwidth was getting expensive – he was getting some high-volume traffic through there, and might have hit his limit for the month. That’s my best guess. I know he added a donation page to his site to help him with the costs.
      -Brad

• #27766 Reply
      Unknown,Unknown
      Participant

(re: What Happened to Vintage-Sierra.com?) If someone talks to Josh, pass along that I would be happy to host him free on my servers…
      -Ken W

• #27767 Reply
      Unknown,Unknown
      Participant

(re: What Happened to Vintage-Sierra.com?) Ken,
      I’ll send him an email and check things out. I’ll let him know about your offer.
      -Brad

• #27768 Reply
      Unknown,Unknown
      Participant

(re: What Happened to Vintage-Sierra.com?) Yes it is high-bandwidth usuage. When viewing people’s sites on a mac we see different errors. Here is the error we see for http://Vintage-Sierra.com/  on a mac.
      ——————————————————-
      Bandwidth Limit Exceeded The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to the site owner reaching his/her bandwidth limit. Please try again later.
      ——————————————————-
      Apache/1.3.29 Server at http://www.vintage-sierra.com Port 80

• #27769 Reply
      Unknown,Unknown
      Participant

(re: What Happened to Vintage-Sierra.com?) Not to double post or anything, but I acutally chatted with Josh – and yes indeed – he exceeded his bandwidth limit. Talking to him about Ken’s offer.
      -Brad

• #27770 Reply
      Unknown,Unknown
      Participant

(re: What Happened to Vintage-Sierra.com?)

Well Brad I’m glad you’ve had some communication with Josh. I’ve emailed him numerous times in the past to give him scans / photos / information to add / revise to his site, but after 1 reply he always seemed to forget about me and not reply back again.

Viewing 6 reply threads
Reply To: What Happened to Vintage-Sierra.com?
Your information: