Was Interaction Magazine ever on CD??

HOME Forums Sierra History Was Interaction Magazine ever on CD??

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      Unknown,Unknown
      Participant

Now HERE’s something interesting. This advertisement is from the Spring 1995 issue of Interaction and it’s for… guess what? Yes, Interaction on CD. Did this ever happen? Does anyone out there have any Interaction CDs? I guess it’s probably an idea that was started… but never went too far because maybe not enough people interested?
      I guess Brad and I should get in touch with John, to find out more info about this, Interaction in general, and also on the small chance John has any extra issues still. I’ll send him an email.

452 kb)

• #20789 Reply
      Unknown,Unknown
      Participant

Now HERE’s something interesting. This advertisement is from the Spring 1995 issue of Interaction and it’s for… guess what? Yes, Interaction on CD. Did this ever happen? Does anyone out there have any Interaction CDs? I guess it’s probably an idea that was started… but never went too far because maybe not enough people interested?

I guess Brad and I should get in touch with John, to find out more info about this, Interaction in general, and also on the small chance John has any extra issues still. I’ll send him an email.

http://www.sierragamers.com/uploads/49/11421.jpg  (Interaction on CD (452 kb))

• #20790 Reply
      Unknown,Unknown
      Participant

I remember discussing doing this, and think you are right – we tested seeing if people would pay for Interaction on CD, but had very few takers and shut the effort down..

My brother, John, ran the magazine. I’ll be seeing him tomorrow night and will ask him what he remembers.

-Ken W

• #20791 Reply
      Unknown,Unknown
      Participant

Hey Ken, sounds good. If you would, ask John if he has any extra issues still (or other interesting Sierra stuff) that he’d be willing to pass on – unless you know already if he does or not.

• #20792 Reply
      Unknown,Unknown
      Participant

Wow.. I had forgotten about that. Hmm… I would guess that since you could send your money it that it must have gotten at least so far along. I wonder if it did get canned, and people got a refund. Hmmm…well I guess John will know – will wait for an answer. I will type up another email soon, that has the complete final list of magazine that we need.

=Brad

• #20793 Reply
      Unknown,Unknown
      Participant

I remember the InterAction CD VERY vividly… sadly it never happened. I sent in my $20(?) money order (at the time not old enough to have a checking account or credit card, haha!) and order form or whatever I had to do and only got two letters back: One saying the CD was delayed until next quarter, and the following one with a refund and a brief statement saying the project had been cancelled.

I DO remember the following issue(s) of the magazines started to contain the demo CDs with them from time to time (with an INN trial and a few videos or playable demos of games).

Tom.

• #20794 Reply
      Unknown,Unknown
      Participant

Tom: Cool! Any chance you still have those letters? Also, any chance you still have any of those demo CDs?

Brandon Klassen, archivist ~ SierraGamers.com admin/dev team ~

• #20795 Reply
      Unknown,Unknown
      Participant

I’ll have to revisit my “Sierra Vault” (a/k/a closet at the parents’ house) to see if I still have the letters. I know I have the demo CDs but vividly remember dropping the one with the playable Shivers demo on the way to a friend’s house, rendering ONLY that game unplayable on the disc. (I was taking it there to play THAT specific one — imagine that!)

When I go back, I’ll see what I can find. I’m glad I was a packrat and never threw anything away, even kept most of the “Crazy Nick’s” sale offers that would show up occasionally. The only question now is if it’s all still where I left it… 😉

Tom.

• #20796 Reply
      Unknown,Unknown
      Participant

I remember sending in my money for the CD magazine too. I always enjoyed the magazine and was disappointed when they didn’t do it. I kept all my old magazines for years, and unfortunately threw them out a couple years ago. Now I wish I had kept them.

Viewing 8 reply threads
Reply To: Was Interaction Magazine ever on CD??
Your information: