Upcoming Fan Creation

HOME Forums Open Discussion Upcoming Fan Creation

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      Unknown,Unknown
      Participant

Hello, everybody.

I’d just like to announce that a King’s Quest fan project of a fairly large magnitude is going to be made public on November 9th, if all goes well. I didn’t want to post it in Fan Art or Fan Fiction since its content is too varied for it to really belong in either category.

I’m trying to remain fairly secretive about the project, but I felt that here was an optimal place to make an “official” announcement.

Anyway, it’ll be here in less than four weeks — I’ll post a link to it in this thread when the date rolls around.

-Akril

• #28561 Reply
      Unknown,Unknown
      Participant

I’ve completed a trailer for the project in case anybody is interested (it’s slightly less than 1 meg in size) – http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/41659541/

• #28562 Reply
      Unknown,Unknown
      Participant

This project is coming out in a little more than a week now, so stay tuned.

• #28563 Reply
      Unknown,Unknown
      Participant

Awesome, Akril. Can’t wait to see it!

• #28564 Reply
      Unknown,Unknown
      Participant

Thanks for replying, Julie.

It’s finally out. I hope people enjoy it as much as I enjoyed creating it (well, most of the time, anyway).

• #28565 Reply
      Unknown,Unknown
      Participant

Akril, this is really creative! I love the little picture and animation additions on the side. Do you plan on posting this on the Sierra boards? 🙂

• #28566 Reply
      Unknown,Unknown
      Participant

Thank you very much.
      If you mean the official VU boards, no, I’m not. From what I hear, they aren’t very tolerant of the mention of fan material there, so I’m just playing it safe.

• #28567 Reply
      Unknown,Unknown
      Participant

They don’t allow actual fan games but do allow fanfiction which yours would be considered. You could contact a moderator just in case. I think there’s lots of KQ fans who would love to read your work.

• #28568 Reply
      Unknown,Unknown
      Participant

I understand what you’re saying, but I still think I won’t take the risk. The VU forum members aren’t really my kind of crowd. If someone else wants to plug this thing there, that’s fine by me, but I don’t want to ruffle any legal feathers.

Besides, I already advertized the story on Sierra Planet, which the VU boards often show a link to.

Viewing 8 reply threads
Reply To: Upcoming Fan Creation
Your information: