Thanks Ken for all the memories!

HOME Forums Ken Williams Questions and answers / Thanks Forum Thanks Ken for all the memories!

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Unknown,Unknown
      Participant

Where do I begin? I guess I’ll start with the beginning. I was probably no more than 12 years old. I had gone with my dad, who had a PC as kind of a hobby, to one of those small, local, mom-and-pop computer stores that could be found in the suburbs back in the mid 80’s. Around the store were several PC’s set up with software installed that you could play. I immediately ran to the PC’s to check out the games.

After a few minutes, a saleswoman came by and said “Here, let me show you this game..”. I didn’t know it, but I was about to play my first Sierra Game: Space Quest. I remember the vivid graphics, walking the character around the spaceship, avoiding the Sariens. The most amazing thing is that I could type in just about anything and get an appropriate response from the game: “search body” – “You find a keycard” – “Get keycard”. I was amazed – I was hooked.

From that moment on, I tried to play any and all Sierra games I could find. Begging my dad for them for birthdays and Christmas. I grew up with Sierra. I loved them all.

King’s Quest, Space Quest, Police Quest, and QFG were my favorites. I also enjoyed Goldrush! and Larry. Many a summer vacation was spent staring at my dad’s computer monitor while the hot, Texas sun blazed outside.

Like many others on this site, Sierra games got me interested in computers and computer programming. I am now 29 years old. I literally dreamed one day of working for Sierra, helping to make the next great Sierra title. Alas, that dream cannot be fulfilled with Sierra, but I have the ability to create my own games.

Thanks Ken, Roberta, and all the others at Sierra On-Line. Your great games had an incredible impact on so many people.

Until the next adventure,
      Joe

Viewing 0 reply threads
Reply To: Thanks Ken for all the memories!
Your information: