Thanks for the games and the memories, Ken and Roberta

HOME Forums Ken Williams Questions and answers / Thanks Forum Thanks for the games and the memories, Ken and Roberta

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Tom.

Hi Ken. I wrote you here many years ago. I don’t remember what it was that I wrote you about, but I was in a Sierra games kind of mood and just wanted to write and say, thank you for the games Sierra On-Line published. I think Space Quest ended up becoming my favorite series, but I still play the Police Quest and Space Quest series through Dosbox, although I do have an actual DOS machine that would run the games as well.

I happened to see a post making a claim that someone is using content from Phantasmagoria. You had mentioned in your reply that all the rights had been sold off and that you weren’t even sure who owns the company. So I found some information on that:

“In August 2018, TJX Companies acquired the domain sierra.com from Activision, subsequently shortening the name of its Sierra Trading Post subsidiary to Sierra.”

In any event, Ken, I’m just a guy who grew up and got into computers, just playing games and getting on the Bulletin Boards. I would have liked to make a game or do something worthwhile with my computer time but I never did. But you did an amazing job with Sierra, and it was really fun playing all those awesome games back in the day.

Thank you and take care.

Viewing 0 reply threads
Reply To: Thanks for the games and the memories, Ken and Roberta
Your information: