Running older games

HOME Forums Bugs / Tech Help Running older games

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Unknown,Unknown
      Participant

Hi, my name is Daniel, I´am from Brasil, I would like to know if it is possible to run space quest 1, 2 and 3 in my Pentium 500 with windows 98, I´ve tried to go to dos modee and install the program and play but didin´t work does anybody has a clue how can I run the space quest under windows 98. Thank You Daniel

• #23691 Reply
      Unknown,Unknown
      Participant

(re: Running older games)

what problems are you running into?

I haven’t tried these games, but as far as I know you should be able to run the DOS versions. Try using the DOS box within Windows, as well as rebooting to DOS. (But if you reboot to DOS, there may be some drivers you need to install to get the games working.)

Tell us what exactly the problem is, and maybe someone can help you get these working.

-emily

• #23692 Reply
      Unknown,Unknown
      Participant

(re: re: Running older games)

Hi emily,

Thank you, I´ve tried rebooting the cmputer on DOS mode and it worked, now i just don´t have the mouse driver. Do you know how can i install the mouse driver on DOS.

• #23693 Reply
      Unknown,Unknown
      Participant

(re: Running older games)

You need a file called mouse.com in your DOS directory. You may already have that file on your computer, take a look. If you do, you need to edit your autoexec file (use Notepad) — add this line:

C:\DOS\MOUSE.COM

I think (but am not sure) you could also get it working by typing ‘run MOUSE.COM’ from a DOS prompt.

If you don’t already have mouse.com in your DOS file, you can find it online, or I can upload it here later (I had to do this on my own computer).

-emily

Viewing 3 reply threads
Reply To: Reply #23692 in Running older games
Your information:

Cancel