Quick Opinion Poll (Website Name)

HOME Forums SierraGamers Website Quick Opinion Poll (Website Name)

Viewing 21 reply threads
  • Author
      Unknown,Unknown
      Participant

This website will be renamed in the near future. I’m not exactly sure when – but, my guess is around a month from now.
      Here’s the background:
      This isn’t actually my website. It belongs to a young man; Jouke Koning, who has been nice enough to let me “camp out here” while he has been working on his own Sierragamers.com website.
      I’ve bought a few URLs, and will pick one of them, unless someone has a better idea.
      They are:
      SIERRAFAN.COM SIERRASDAD.COM SIERRAKEN.COM WIZARDANDPRINCESS.COM
      Let me know your favorite!
      -Ken Williams

• #21642 Reply
      Unknown,Unknown
      Participant

(re: Quick Opinion Poll) Ken,
      I like WIZARDANDPRINCESS.COM

• #21643 Reply
      Unknown,Unknown
      Participant

(re: Quick Opinion Poll)

Sierrafan.com looks/sounds great. When will Jouke’s site be ready?

• #21644 Reply
      Unknown,Unknown
      Participant

(re: re: Quick Opinion Poll) Well…
      I’d go for sierraken.com ๐Ÿ˜‰
      Nick.

• #21645 Reply
      Unknown,Unknown
      Participant

(re: re: Quick Opinion Poll) Sierrafan.com looks/sounds great. When will Jouke’s site be ready?
      Jouke says it’s ready now – I haven’t seen it so I have no way of knowing…
      -Ken W

• #21646 Reply
      Unknown,Unknown
      Participant

(re: Quick Opinion Poll) Sierrafan.com is cool!!!!

• #21647 Reply
      Unknown,Unknown
      Participant

(re: re: Quick Opinion Poll)

I like sierradad

• #21648 Reply
      Unknown,Unknown
      Participant

(re: Quick Opinion Poll) I’m going to tie sierrafan.com by voting for sierraken.com. (This sentence is now outdated, see below.)
      Then again, sierraken.com sounds more like a personal site about Ken Williams, so sierrafan.com is OK. But, Ken Williams is a little bit more than a fan although the users are fans, except for family members who also happen to be users… umm….
      sierraken.com or sierrafan.com?
      Then again, wizardandprincess.com is slightly understated and doesn’t let the viewer know what to expect (which can be a plus). But who’s the wizard and who’s the princess? Does that get centric away from it being about fans and memories? sierraken.com emphasizes that it’s more than just your typical sierrafan.com website, but it is supposed to be a fan website… so…
      Mike Belisle contradicts his earlier statement and votes for wizardandprincess.com. He likes that its meaning is understated while still relevant to Sierra.

• #21649 Reply
      Unknown,Unknown
      Participant

(re: re: Quick Opinion Poll) Here’s some ancient Sierra trivia:
      The name wizardandprincess.com comes from one of the very first games Roberta and I did – The Wizard and The Princess.
      When Steve Levy wrote his book Hackers, much of which is about Roberta, I and Sierra, he named the chapter where he introduces Roberta and I “The Wizard and The Princess”. I can’t speak for Steve, but my assumption at the time was that he was referring to my programming skills (I was a techno-geek), and Roberta’s ability to write fantasy stories.
      For a while, the name stuck. Roberta and I had custom license plates (mine with Wizard, and hers with Princess).
      I’m not endorsing this as the name for the website – I still haven’t decided which name I like best. Maybe sierrafan.com, mostly because it’s the shortest.
      Currently, my plan is to point all of the names at this website, and let people call it whatever they want…
      -Ken W
      PS Roberta said her preference was sierrafans.com (she said I should add an ‘s’ to fan

• #21650 Reply
      Unknown,Unknown
      Participant

(re: Quick Opinion Poll) wizardandpricess.com is fabulous!!! Really, it reflects everything this site is supposed to be about, though actually I am not quite cetrain what exactly that is… Anyway, the reference to an early game is an extremely good idea and at the same time it is an allusion to Roberta and You, brilliant! And last but not least it somehow fits well with the famous KQ scenario, which makes me get nostagic right away!
      doern

• #21651 Reply
      Unknown,Unknown
      Participant

(re: re: Quick Opinion Poll) I think you should go with Sierrafan.com
      The others just don’t sparkle as much at this one, but hey do what you like… ๐Ÿ˜€

• #21652 Reply
      Unknown,Unknown
      Participant

For me SierraFan.com sounds the best! ๐Ÿ™‚

Have you considered (not sure if it’s taken) OnlineSierra.com ๐Ÿ˜‰

• #21653 Reply
      Unknown,Unknown
      Participant

(re: re: Quick Opinion Poll) i like sierafans.com (thought you should add an S before i saw that that was Roberta’s opinion as well… i guess great minds think alike…)
      the trivia about the wizard and the princess is cool, though!
      ๐Ÿ™‚ emily

• #21654 Reply
      Unknown,Unknown
      Participant

(All of the names work!) I just tried it – all of the names (sierrafan.com, sierrasdad.com,sierraken.com, wizardandprincess.com) work!
      You can decide for yourself what this websites url is…
      -Ken W

• #21655 Reply
      Unknown,Unknown
      Participant

i personally like the sierrafan.com

• #21656 Reply
      Unknown,Unknown
      Participant

(re: re: re: Quick Opinion Poll)

They all sound pretty good, but I’d say sierrafan is my fave.

• #21657 Reply
      Unknown,Unknown
      Participant

(re: re: Quick Opinion Poll) wizardandprincess.com!!

• #21658 Reply
      Unknown,Unknown
      Participant

(re: re: re: Quick Opinion Poll) I agree with Roberta on sierrafans.com. It would make it easy for people to find & the addy kinda tells you what the website is about.

• #21659 Reply
      Unknown,Unknown
      Participant

(re: Quick Opinion Poll) SierraGamers.com is the best in my opinion, and just re-direct the rest of them (I can do this free at GoDaddy… <g>)
      Dave

• #21660 Reply
      Unknown,Unknown
      Participant

(re: Quick Opinion Poll (Website Name))

SIERRASDAD.COM , let everybody know whoยดs the man.

• #21661 Reply
      Unknown,Unknown
      Participant

Just leave them all pointing to the website. Every user will use his preferrable domain-name; and only it, because cookies are domain-name dependant, means that you need to re-log-on through every domain-name to get an identifiying cookie.

• #21662 Reply
      Unknown,Unknown
      Participant

I like Sierrafan.com ;).

Viewing 21 reply threads
Reply To: Quick Opinion Poll (Website Name)
Your information: