Quest for Glory 4 in Windows XP from Collection Disk?

HOME Forums Bugs / Tech Help Quest for Glory 4 in Windows XP from Collection Disk?

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Unknown,Unknown
      Participant

So, I had the urge to play my old QFG games again recently, but I can’t seem to get QFG4 installed and in working order. My preference would be to run the DOS version of the game in DOS box mode, but for some reason the DOS installer does not function properly. It does not let me select the letter of the game I wish to install, and gives me an error saying something to the effect of “The QFG V demo is on the other disc” no matter which letter I press.

So I gave up on that option, and instead installed the windows version. The installer functioned properly, but when I try to boot the game, it says “Windows title not found”, even though my settings are to run it in 256 color/640×480 resolution mode. Interestingly enough, I can run it directly off the cd, but that doesn’t allow me to apply the SCI patches, and also makes changing directories to save every time a bit difficult. Has anyone figured out a workaround to these problems? I’d really like to play this game again!

• #24085 Reply
      Unknown,Unknown
      Participant

Well, I did some more research and came across this thread: http://www.questformoreglory.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=1075 

on the questformoreglory.com forums, and it got me up and running fine. Hopefully it’ll help anyone else with problems!

Viewing 1 reply thread
Reply To: Quest for Glory 4 in Windows XP from Collection Disk?
Your information: