Phantasmagoria 3 or remake?

HOME Forums Ken Williams Questions and answers / Thanks Forum Phantasmagoria 3 or remake?

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Nikko,Lematelot
      Participant

Hello,

Will there be a phantasmagoria 3 or phantasmagoria remake?

I love this game. 🙂

Best regards,

NIKKO

• #26062 Reply
      Ken,Williams
      Participant

I'd love it — but, probably not…   

-Ken W

• #26063 Reply
      Steve,McCall
      Participant

I know it's a long shot but have you ever thought of doing a kickstarter to get the funds for Phanstasmaorgia 3?

My only worry is it'd lose it's charm and become some kind of 3d game like today when i'm looking for the good ol' 2d and FMV. I'm stuck in my old ways   

• #26064 Reply
      Ken,Williams
      Participant

I would love to see a Phantasmagoria 3! Especially if it was more like Roberta's Phantasmagoria 1.

My guess is that it will never happen, but I don't completely understand why not. Phantasmagoria was a huge hit for us. It was killed by the acquisition of Sierra. It's a long story, the short version of which is that the company who acquired us had people in their sales organization who disagreed with the content in Phantasmagoria on religious grounds. Basically, they didn't push it, and without a sales/marketing effort the game stopped selling prematurely. 

I've thought about doing a Kickstarter to do another Phantasmagoria style game, or simply calling Activision (or, whoever owns the rights these days) to ask if they'd fund the game .. or, simply funding it ourselves. But … at this point Roberta and I are happily retired. We miss doing games, but we don't miss having to stay put for years to build a game. We like travel too much!

-Ken W

• #38645 Reply
      Santiago

Wow! Ken williams himself answering that! Waiting for his book next month.

It would be amazing to see that kickstarter. Phantasmagoria was an awsome game, ahead of his time and mind blowing.

Hope you two make a game (or more than one) again

• #39218 Reply
      Patrick

A third Phantasmagoria game would be good. Since Ken & Roberta have that boat, perhaps it could be related to the sea. Maybe aboard an abandoned cruise ship that had been sending out a distress signal for weeks, and some retired cop-turned-shrimper (more of a hobby than a career) receives the distress call. Something evil is lurking below.

Viewing 5 reply threads
Reply To: Reply #38645 in Phantasmagoria 3 or remake?
Your information:

Cancel