Old Sierra IP

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Robert

Hi Ken,

It’s incredible to see you keeping touch with fans after all this time. Sierra’s games were and are inspirational to me to this day. Thank you and thank Roberta for all the joy and inspiration you have brought into my life.

Okay the question… I saw in the Phantasmagoria 3 question (which would be amazing to see happen too) how you mentioned contacting Activision or whoever owns the IP now. I’ve been trying to reach out to Activision – now Microsoft – to do just that with one of the other old Sierra IPs but I don’t have a clue where to go or who to talk to.

Do you have any advice on how to get something like that started?

• #46805 Reply
      Ken Williams
      Keymaster

Greetings! Apologies for being slow responding.

Roberta and I still have no idea what we’ll do next. Phantasmagoria 3 would certainly be at the top of our list, but the rights are with Microsoft, and may be impossible to get. That said, Roberta and I would probably be able to get someone’s attention, and “might” be able to get to the right person, but I doubt Microsoft would be interested. And at this point, I’m not sure Roberta and I would be. We haven’t had time to think about it.

I spoke with Activision about working with them, before the merger. The answer caught me off guard and shouldn’t have. In today’s world, unless a product has billion dollar potential, Activision wouldn’t take it on. My guess is Microsoft has the same philosophy. For large companies, small products are really just a distraction.

They (Microsoft) might be willing to part with some of the old Sierra licenses, but probably not. My guess is that they aren’t sure what they have or what it is worth, and would rather do nothing than try to sort it out quickly.

If you want to try contacting Microsoft, my best guess as to how to proceed would be to try to find someone in their business development group. (biz-dev). Linked-In might be a way to find them. I doubt you’ll get anywhere, but .. you never know until you try.

-Ken W

• #46841 Reply
      Robert

No apologies necessary! Thanks for the tips, long-shot as it may be.

If by some chance Phantasmagoria 3 ends up happening, I’ll be jumping with excitement (and/or sending my portfolio to work on it).

Thanks again!

Viewing 2 reply threads
Reply To: Old Sierra IP
Your information: