manhunter issue

HOME Forums Other Sierra Games manhunter issue

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Unknown,Unknown
      Participant

so i’m playing all the old games from my high school years. i got all the kq games, all the lsl games, all the pq games, and all the sq’s too. yesterday i came across both manhunter games. the problem is, it runs like crap! the graphics look fine, but the text is all garbldey and blacked out in some sections. i’m running windows xp on a 900 mhz puter. does anyone know of a simple (and i mean simple cuz i have no patience or knowledge for the complicated stuff) emulators to play these games on?

• #28893 Reply
      Unknown,Unknown
      Participant

(re: manhunter issue)

This is a problem that some modern graphics cards have with running old AGI games. The solution is easy. Just run the game with NAGI, http://www.agidev.com/projects/nagi/  or with DOSBox, http://dosbox.sourceforge.net/ 

NAGI, a new third party AGI interpreter, gives you a very convenient way to run all of your AGI games. You even will get all three MIDI voices through your sound card instead of just one through your PC speaker.

DOSBox is a DOS emulator that you can run many of your old DOS games in when you have trouble running them in Windows. Best of all both NAGI and DOSBox are free.

• #28894 Reply
      Unknown,Unknown
      Participant

(re: re: manhunter issue)

i have dosbox, but that’s what i was talking about when i said “something simple” because i spent like an hour trying to get it to work before i just threw my hands up in the air and gave up. so anyway, last night i plodded through the readme again and learned that you can just drag and drop the executable file onto the dosbox.exe and it’ll run that way. AND IT WORKS!!! i’m going to look into the nagi program though, cuz maybe it’s easier. thanks for the help though, i really didn’t think anyone else would be out there.

• #28895 Reply
      Unknown,Unknown
      Participant

(re: re: re: manhunter issue)

NAGI is very easy to use. Just move all of your AGI game folders into the NAGI folder and start NAGI. You will then be given a menu of all of your AGI games. You just select which game you want to play and it will start.

Viewing 3 reply threads
Reply To: manhunter issue
Your information: