LSL5 CD extras?

HOME Forums Leisure Suit Larry Series LSL5 CD extras?

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Unknown,Unknown
      Participant

It was brought to my attention that the CD version of LSL5 has some extras on it that the floppy version didn’t. Can anyone confirm or deny if there are extras on it, and if so, what they are?

Thanks! Talk to you later!

JDHJANUS
      Josh

• #22472 Reply
      Unknown,Unknown
      Participant

The CD that I have is the Sierra Originals version. It has acrobat reader (Windows and DOS versions) for a PDF of the copyright protection, some preview AVIs for Betrayal In Antara, Lighthouse, Phantasmagoria 2 and the Quest for Glory Anthology. It also has a silly little program called “Larry Pops Up!” Here is from a text file included — USERGUID.TXT:

Larry Pops Up! Users Guide

12 March 1996

Thank you for installing Larry Pops Up! (LPU) Sierra has spared no expense
      in creating this amusing software product, using only the finest materials and
      old-world craftsmanship. Properly maintained, LPU should give you years of
      trouble-free entertainment. Harsh abrasives will mar its hand-rubbed finish.
      An occasional swipe with a soft lint-free cloth should be all that is
      necessary.

Here it is (6.83 MB)

Larry Pops Up!

• #22473 Reply
      Unknown,Unknown
      Participant

There was a CD version for Larry 5???

Shows how much I know 😉

But then again, I only have the Larry series collections.

• #22474 Reply
      Unknown,Unknown
      Participant

Hey Askre! It’s good to see you! How are you doing? Haven’t seen you around in a while. If you get a chance, come on over to Sierra Planet! http://forums.sierraplanet.com 

Talk to you later!

JDHJANUS
      Josh

• #22475 Reply
      Unknown,Unknown
      Participant

Hi. The CD versions of Leisure Suit Larry 5 and Leisure Suit Larry 1 VGA Remake were just the floppy disk versions slapped on a CD-Rom. The only Al Lowe games that got multimedia updates from their floppy versions were Larry 6 and Freddy Pharkas.

Viewing 4 reply threads
Reply To: LSL5 CD extras?
Your information: