Krondor

HOME Forums Other Sierra Games Krondor

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Unknown,Unknown
      Participant

So who here has played the two Krondor games? I remember when the first one came out. It was my first bit of exposure to Raymond E. Feist’s awesome world. I’ve since read pretty much every book he’s written. I still have the Riftwar Saga, the Serpent War Saga and some others. The second game was like ’99 or something? I just played it again recently. It was pretty good. Anybody have anything to say?

• #29395 Reply
      Unknown,Unknown
      Participant

There’s actually 3, depending on what you’re counting I guess. Betrayal, Return To, and the Antara game. Return To was a very different gameplay style. I got a copy of the CD only, but never played it. Antara was similar style to Betrayal, but with better graphics, sound, etc.

My brother and I both loved the original Betrayal. I never finished Antara, because back when I bought it my computer was too slow. I haven’t had a chance to play it again.

• #29396 Reply
      Unknown,Unknown
      Participant

Same here. I still have Antara sitting on my desk. Weird. It’s just sat there collecting dust. Never finished it, either. My brother and I played it, but it was too slow. Now my XP’s too fast. But Antara was actually never part of the Krondor world. Did you ever check out the books? Great reads. The Riftwar Saga was the first and was started in ’82. I might try and make a movie out of it someday.

• #29397 Reply
      Unknown,Unknown
      Participant

Note that Return to Kondor and Antara was made by Peter Sarrett — quite a different person and player pov.

• #29398 Reply
      Unknown,Unknown
      Participant

I played and liked both Betrayal at Krondor and Return to Krondor.  They were both excellent games even though they were very different from one another.  Probably because Return to Krondor wasn’t even supposed to be a Sierra title originally.  They just happened to regain the rights to it for reasons that I’ve forgotten.  Betrayal at Krondor is the kind of game that would greatly benefit from a remake.  But it was satisfying back in the day feeling like you were traveling across a continent.  Plus I liked those puzzle chests.  Return to Krondor was more linear and didn’t allow as much exploration, but it still had a great story, a good combat system, and good graphics for the time.  I think I’ve only read the Riftwar saga if that’s the one with Magician, Silverthorne, and those other books, so I was familiar with the setting and characters before Betrayal at Krondor came out.  I wouldn’t include Antara with the Krondor series.  It might be more true to Betrayal at Krondor in style and spirit, but it’s a completely different world that has no narrative ties to the Krondor games.  I just wish someone would remake Betrayal at Krondor with the graphical power of a game like Oblivion or make new games based on the books.

Viewing 4 reply threads
Reply To: Krondor
Your information: