KQ6 Guidebook PDF

HOME Forums King’s Quest Series KQ6 Guidebook PDF

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Unknown,Unknown
      Participant

The square one I have is the size of a CD liner notes booklet, but is too thick to fit in the jewel case. It has the game manual and “Guidebook To The Land Of The Green Isles” which has the copy protection in it. It is printed on plain paper with a lower quality of printing. It is not really worth scanning.
      Yeah, I know what you mean, most scanners are only big enough for legal sized documents, you have to pay more for larger ones. Corel PHOTO-PAINT has a stitch command for easy aligning and piecing together multiple photos or scans to make larger images such as panoramas, scans of extra large documents, etc.
      Well, here is the KQ6 PDF.

uploaded 12/26/2003 2:00:48 AM

• #22728 Reply
      Unknown,Unknown
      Participant

(re: KQ6 Guidebook PDF)

Great job of editing those pages and making them all nice for the PDF. Probably a good quality / size balance for this site. The pages seemed overly yellow though? But all around, good work. I moved it into the Museum area.

• #22729 Reply
      Unknown,Unknown
      Participant

(re: re: KQ6 Guidebook PDF)

Looks great! The pages don’t look yellow on my machine.

You must have put a lot of work into this… those speckled pages were like that so they couldn’t be easily copied. Maybe that’s why the production value went down for the CD release — they didn’t expect people to pirate CDs, so it was less important to have pages that couldn’t be reproduced.

-emily

• #22730 Reply
      Unknown,Unknown
      Participant

(re: re: KQ6 Guidebook PDF)

The manual is printed on a textured paper that is a yellowish cream color. I suppose it was meant to resemble parchment. The colors are fairly accurate to my manual.

• #22731 Reply
      Unknown,Unknown
      Participant

I renamed the file, and used OCR to recognize (most of) the text instead of seeing it as just a bunch of pictures.

Enjoy. 🙂

EDIT: I tried uploading it, and tried uploading it by editing afterwards, and I get this timeout error even though the file is being constantly uploaded the entire time. The script just gets tired of waiting, it seems. :/

*contemplates RapidShare*

EDIT2: This should work –> http://rapidshare.de/files/5607270/Guidebook_to_the_Land_of_the_Green_Isles.pdf.html 

Viewing 4 reply threads
Reply To: Reply #22728 in KQ6 Guidebook PDF
Your information:

Cancel