Ken and Roberta Williams; if only we could ever meet to express my gratitude!

HOME Forums Ken Williams Questions and answers / Thanks Forum Ken and Roberta Williams; if only we could ever meet to express my gratitude!

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Unknown,Unknown
      Participant

I have a very passionate interest in computers and video games.  Because of it, I have been successful in the IT business to the point now where I can be comfortable enough to not worry about financial troubles.  It’s been a very fruitful career and I couldn’t be happier.  I know I wouldn’t be in this position if it weren’t for the most influential couple in gaming history, Ken and Roberta Williams.  I was very young at the time, say 5 or 6 years old, but I remember it clearly:  I was at a relative’s house and I remember one of the other kids there showing off his new computer he just got.  It was a Tandy 1000.  I remember him showing off the features and loading up some random games.  I had never seen or played with a computer at the time so I wasn’t really interested at all.  All I wanted to do was play hide and seek because I loved it so much.  I remember that as I was walking away from the computer something caught my ears and I immediately turned around and saw what was on the screen; it was King’s Quest.  From there, I just remember watching intently as the game was being played and when it was my turn to play I couldn’t let it go.  From the way my mother tells the story, I played that one game all night.  I was hooked.  Later that year, I got the shock of my life when I received a Tandy 1000 for Christmas and, you guessed it, King’s Quest.  At the time, King’s Quest III had already made it to store shelves and eventually I ended up owning that one too, although I remember it being very hard to play and I really couldn’t get anywhere in it.  Anyway, I’m not trying to make this sound like a history of King’s Quest, but it was that series alone that just kept enhancing my interest in computers and games.  There were never, in my opinion, any other games out there better than Sierra’s adventure games.  I played Police Quest, Space Quest and many other adventures and Sierra was always using the best technology available and the stories were full of excitement and wonder.  To this day, I still believe they are better than many of the games out right now.  It’s too bad adventure games are non-existent compared to the glory days of Sierra.  King’s Quest V, VI, and VII are all personal favorites of mine with part VI being my all time favorite Sierra game.  I owned the Windows version and I remember being completely blown away with the graphics and story.  I also really enjoyed Mask of Eternity too as it brought a whole new chapter of King’s Quest into 3D.  I couldn’t wait for the next one after that but sadly that never happened.  All those games introduced me to new software and technology and I wanted to learn everything about them.  Ken and Roberta,  I just want to thank you both so much for your dedication and hard work when you were with Sierra.  I have kept an old computer of mine for all these years just to play your games, and I do play them on a regular basis.  I would love if there could be another King’s Quest made but I know that time has passed and you guys deserve the best retirement anyone could ask for.  Thank you!

Viewing 0 reply threads
Reply To: Ken and Roberta Williams; if only we could ever meet to express my gratitude!
Your information: