Iceman missed the boat

HOME Forums Other Sierra Games Iceman missed the boat

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Unknown,Unknown
      Participant

I never played this game, but I rember it. Whats this one all about? From what I gathered as a child it was some kind of spy or covert ops type of game. Was it a good game?

Box front

• #29277 Reply
      Unknown,Unknown
      Participant

(re: Iceman missed the boat)

This game would have been cool if it werent for annoyingly hard “battle” sequences and a game of Boss Dice you had to play in which you cold only restore 3 times or have to start over.

I mean seriously, a game of chance and unlike, say, the slot machine in Space Quest 1, you couldn’t use saving and restoring to help. Very annoying.

• #29278 Reply
      Unknown,Unknown
      Participant

(re: re: Iceman missed the boat)

That sounds bad. One of the things somone told me was the navication was 100% on the mark or you die. Sounds like a game with promise. oh well.

Also in SQ1 re-make you get an item that messes with the slot machine to make it jackpot all the time.

• #29279 Reply
      Unknown,Unknown
      Participant

(re: Iceman missed the boat)

This game was probably the hardest one I tried to complete. Ok, I was only like 12 or something at the time, so there’s probably lots of stuff I didn’t think of 😉 so in the end I used a walkthru to get through the game. But, other than the sub sequence which I battled to get to work, the game rocked! I think one of the reasons why I enjoyed it was that, although it annoyed me at the time, it took so long to finish! This meant it provided entertainment for a long time.

However, must admit this is the only sierra game I never replayed like eight times. I think its because it was so hard or whatever.

• #29280 Reply
      Unknown,Unknown
      Participant

(re: re: Iceman missed the boat)

heh… I never knew about that Space Quest / slot machine thing until after I played the game. I did it the hard way!

I don’t remember the details, but it’s a magnet or something that you stick on the machine.

-emily

• #29281 Reply
      Unknown,Unknown
      Participant

Alright, I played this one too but… I never actually beat it, called the hotline don’t know how many times ringing up my parents phone bill =P I could never ping the harbor and I know thats insanely close to the end but it never worked no matter what I did. Erked me to no end.

Viewing 5 reply threads
Reply To: Iceman missed the boat
Your information: