How can I save my game when using DOSBox?

HOME Forums Bugs / Tech Help How can I save my game when using DOSBox?

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Unknown,Unknown
      Participant

Does anyone know how to save your game in dosbox? Whenever I try to save it…it says something about drive being write protected.

• #24098 Reply
      Unknown,Unknown
      Participant

Does anyone know how to save your game in dosbox? I’m playing KQ1 and it asks which directory I want to save in. I put C: but whenever I try to save it…it says something about drive being write protected.

• #24099 Reply
      Unknown,Unknown
      Participant

Remember your DOS, my son. Keep in mind that when you use dosbox, your c:\ directory is the directory you mounted the drive on. So if you mounted your c drive as c:\sierra\kq5, the drive thinks that the directory is c:\ when it’s really the folder that your game is in. Just to be on the safe side I like to mount c:\sierra as my c: drive and then type in cd kq5 to get to c:\kq5. Then when I go to save my game the save directory appears as c:\kq5. You don’t have to do it, but it’s a good way to make certain your save game stays in the same folder as your game’s content.

Also, make sure you’re not mounting your d drive as your c drive. Mount your d drive using “mount d d:\” then mount c as the directory your game is installed in. Then go to c: and run using the game’s c drive location.

• #24100 Reply
      Unknown,Unknown
      Participant

Don’t run the game from the CD. If you do, it will try to save the game on the CD. Copy the game’s folder to your hard drive and mount that as your C: drive in DOSBox.

• #24101 Reply
      Unknown,Unknown
      Participant

Thanks, it’s always the simple things I’d never think to try that work. I didn’t realize it was just a matter of copying the folder off the cd I figured there would be more to it than that.

Viewing 4 reply threads
Reply To: How can I save my game when using DOSBox?
Your information: