Front Page Header

HOME Forums SierraGamers Website Front Page Header

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Unknown,Unknown
      Participant

As some of you may have noticed, I changed the header on the front page into something nicer, something other than plain ‘ole text.    I’m sure the ‘Sierra Gamers’ part is easily readable, but if anyone has trouble reading the rest, please tell me.  I used that font size on the image because the text fit better, but if it’s hard to read, I’ll enlarge it.  It’ll look just as good; the text will just fit differently. 🙂

Also, I temporarily changed the image on the front page.  I do realize it’s fuzzy and not of very good quality.  I just felt the other image had been there a very, very long time.  Too long, in my opinion.  I’m working on a better image, though, so don’t worry; you won’t have to put up with it for long. 🙂

• #22024 Reply
      Unknown,Unknown
      Participant

I can’t read it very well, using a pretty common resolution (1024x 768).
      This is what it looks like on my screen (click on the shot to see the real size)http://img110.imageshack.us/my.php?image=sierrafrontnu0.jpg

Perhaps you should experiment a bit using the websites that show how your html pages look in various (browser) resolutions.
      Like before the picture (with links) isn’t centered, which always upsets me a bit when I visit the site 😉

• #22025 Reply
      Unknown,Unknown
      Participant

I’m at 1280×800 and can read it fine.  I have really good eyesight when it comes to computer fonts (I can read printed out size 0.5 fonts), though, so I should probably go ahead and increase the size of the font.  Also, the image actually IS centered.  It’s just hard to tell.  It’s hard to explain, but let me just say that with the way the system is setup, most of the image is hidden.  Believe me; I know EXACTLY what you mean about it.  I’m working on improving that tidbit; it bothers me, too.  I’m also guessing that the fact you are using Windows Vista and Internet Explorer together are greatly influencing the look.  The old system was developed before Vista came about, so it doesn’t take current standards into account.  I’m willing to bet that things will look better and more normal once the site moves to the new system.  It handles things very differently.  Things look much better on it.  You’ll see. 🙂  It may take awhile, but it will happen.  Most of the current issues will very likely no longer matter and will be a moot point.

Anyway, sorry for rambling on.  I hope I made some sense. 🙂  If I didn’t, I apologize.

• #22026 Reply
      Unknown,Unknown
      Participant

I am sure you can read it fine. But your question was if other persons had trouble with reading the text. And as you can see at the picture that I linked to the font is just way too small. (I tried other resolutions) I don’t think that Vista has anything to do with this, nor the use of Internet Explorer. I loaded your page in Windows XP with more or less the same result, and it made no difference using Firefox and Netscape. And when I watch your header.bmp (with the text) in a picture viewer (so without using a browser), the text is still too small.
      (I meant of course that the “visible” picture doesn’t look centered. Good thing you are going to change that too.)

• #22027 Reply
      Unknown,Unknown
      Participant

There have been numerous complaints about the font size being too on this site. These have usually been dismissed with the questionable notion that the vast majority of people still use 800×640 resolution. Rather than using a size that is a compromise, everyone else running higher resolutions needs to increase the font size in the browser. I don’t mean to sound like I am trolling, but there has been an almost blatant disregard for anyone using anything but IE on Windows at 800×600. It has been frustrating having a site that otherwise is one that I would like to frequent being a pain to deal with.

Any good website design need to consider other OSs, other browsers and various resolutions. The sites that offer screenshots of what a web page looks like with these variables has already been mentioned.

Viewing 4 reply threads
Reply To: Front Page Header
Your information: