Fan made Space Quest 7 shut down by Vivendi

HOME Forums Space Quest Series Fan made Space Quest 7 shut down by Vivendi

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Unknown,Unknown
      Participant

This is so sad.. The SQ7 team is 85% done making the game, but thanks to Vivendi, no one will even get to play it.

Colin posted this on the Subspace Channel:
      http://wiw.org/~jess/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9767

The sq7.org website seems to be off line now. Everyone involved in making SQ7 must be devastated; I know it meant so much to them and to all of us devoted Space Quest fans. This really breaks my heart.

• #26713 Reply
      Unknown,Unknown
      Participant

I am devastated, we waited for 7 years. Only to be dissapointed ONCE AGAIN by Vivendi. (the most useless company ever)
      My respect and “condolences” go out to Colin and the entire SQ7 team. Thanks for trying, thanks for all the hard work.
      And quite frankly i hope Vivendi go bankrupt. (due to stupid tactics)

BOYCOTT VIVENDI!

• #26714 Reply
      Unknown,Unknown
      Participant

It is awful- Vivendi has totally thrown out the old direction of Sierra games, not even bothering to do anything with them… kind of like throwing them away in a closet and locking the door. But the fact they would, on top of that, prevent game fans from enjoying their favourite series is awful. Sierra fans helped to make a detailed Wikipedia history of Sierra, and at the end made pretty clear how Vivendi ruined their legacy- however, Vivendi obviously jumped into the fray and wrote up at the end of the entry how ‘positive’ their changes have ended up being and successful they are now. They clearly have no remorse over alienating all of Sierra’s original fans.

• #26715 Reply
      Unknown,Unknown
      Participant

This again confirms that Vivendi is run by a bunch of idiots! I know they want to protect their products and stuff but why order a hold on an amazing fan project that will probably generate more revenues? Aren’t these fan games also responsible for the resurge of the Sierra collections? Even though everybody knows the new collections suck (bad compatibility, no manuals, games missing etc), they still bought the collections!

How can they not see that?

• #26716 Reply
      Unknown,Unknown
      Participant

Idiots! That they are! I bought all the collections, once again. And the Police Quest Collection comes with the KINGS QUEST manual… what a mistake.

Anyone who doesnt have internet access or who hasn’t heard of http://www.replacementdocs.com would have been stuck. If you too bought the Police Quest collection, obviously you need the manual, you can get it from the web link above.
      Stupid Vivendi.

Viewing 4 reply threads
Reply To: Fan made Space Quest 7 shut down by Vivendi
Your information: