Error playing Space Quest 6 win version.

HOME Forums Bugs / Tech Help Error playing Space Quest 6 win version.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Unknown,Unknown
      Participant

Hey, I’ve encountered a rather odd error that I’ve so far never encountered before when playing Space Quest 6.

It goes as following

Error 141: Decompression: Destination length invalid
      Script 750/$284

This happens shortly after the two Laurel and Hardy type Nanites in the brain get disabled and Roger heads down the elevator. The error message appears when it is starting to load the next scene.

I have never had this error before at all, this is the first time I encounter it and so far I’ve not found a solution to it anywhere on the Internet.

I’ve already installed the sierra patches that were made available here: http://geocities.com/belzorash/ so the game itself is all patched up.

I do not use my newer computer to play sierra games. I use my very old (over elven years old), still running a DOS and win 98 133Mhz computer. I’ve found that my sierra games run usually better on it, especially with access to normal DOS Smiley

And this is one of the original bought Space Quest copies, I bought it when SQ6 was still new and being sold in stores, this is not part of the Space quest collection that was recently released by Vivendi.

Any help to defeat this error would be greatly appreciated.

Until later

Hermann.

• #24265 Reply
      Unknown,Unknown
      Participant

The patch was intended for the DOS version. Just play it in DOS.

• #24266 Reply
      Unknown,Unknown
      Participant

Right, I’ll try that then. Thanks

Until later

Hermann

Viewing 2 reply threads
Reply To: Error playing Space Quest 6 win version.
Your information: