Current state of games

• This topic has 2 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 2 weeks ago by John.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      David Harblin

Ken,

Hey Ken, just stumbled onto your site while reading the book Hackers. I’m kind of a history geek and an avid gamer, so naturally the third section of his book (which heavily features you and your wife’s amazing story) is right up my alley. I was born in 1987, and really never got into computers until my dad stumbled into the P.O.S retail-software business slinging Aloha, I believe it was called. Anyways that’s besides the point. Being a child of the 90’s my first venture into gaming came via the Nintendo then Sony released the PlayStation and I’ve been loyal to that console ever since. With all that said I wonder if you or your wife still play any games, computer or console? It is kind of neat to think of you two sitting in front of a PS5 playing The Last of Us lol. Also do you still keep track of the gaming industry? What do you think of what it’s become?

Thank you for reading this slightly long post (I’ve seen others post longer lol.)

David Harblin a.k.a Itsharbs87

• #41038 Reply
      Ken Williams
      Keymaster

David:

Neither Roberta or I play games. We probably should, and I think we’d like to, but we always seem to be busy. Roberta has spent most of the last 10 years working on a book whenever she has free time, and I’ve also stayed insanely busy. We constantly whine about our lack of free time.

One thing that has kept us busy is boating. We circumnavigated a small (68′) boat and I wrote several books on boating, plus a book about Sierra (www.kensbook.com)

And .. Roberta and I are working together on a game now!!! I don’t know how far we’ll get, but we have an idea we’re exploring.

-Ken W

• #41145 Reply
      David Harblin

Ken,
      That is awesome to hear that you are working on a game! I’ll check in through here in awhile and see how you’re doing if I don’t see if on the market in the next year or two lol.

I saw that you wrote a book about Sierra and I actually have it in my Amazon cart right now and will be ordering it on payday! I myself am working on a video project about the history of Coleco and the ColecoVision, since it was manufactured literally in my back yard in Mayfield, NY, that I plan to release on YouTube. It will be the first of many! Maybe one day I could do one on you and maybe get a couple quotes? Nothing much just send you two or three questions if you wouldn’t mind answering I would appreciate it.

Thanks for the reply!
      David Harblin a.k.a Itsharbs87

Viewing 2 reply threads
Reply To: Current state of games
Your information: