Art Serabian

HOME Forums Police Quest Series Art Serabian

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Unknown,Unknown
      Participant

Hi!

I am a huge fan of the Police Quest series, and have a question aimed at Ken. One of my old ‘sierra gaming’ friends recently sent me a web link with a photo of a guy named Art Serabian who resides in Fresno CA. Although we had a chuckle over the find given the comical nature of the Police Quest (original) character, the gentleman in the photo bears an uncanny resemblance to the Art Serabian within the game (based on his license photo viewed when booked for DUI). Is there any linkage between the Art Serabian in Fresno and PQ character, or this this a mere coincidence? 🙂

http://www.fcoe.k12.ca.us/infotech/ist_staff.htm 

Dean
      Art Serabian

Site with photo of Art Serabian

• #27613 Reply
      Unknown,Unknown
      Participant

(re: Art Serabian)

I think Art Serabian used to be a programmer at Sierra, so it’s not exactly coincidence, I believe. 🙂

• #27614 Reply
      Unknown,Unknown
      Participant

(re: re: Art Serabian) Art is a friend of Al Lowe’s who lives in Fresno. I interviewed him several times for varying positions at Sierra, and at WorldStream – but, was never able to lure him out of academia. At the time he was working for Fresno city schools (I think) running their MIS function.
      I remember being super-impressed by him. To my knowledge, he doesn’t appear in any of our games, although – perhaps he does, or you wouldn’t have asked…..
      -Ken W

• #27615 Reply
      Unknown,Unknown
      Participant

There was also a very similar-looking character named Art in Leisure Suit Larry 6. Al Lowe says on his site that was supposed to be a shot at him, but on the existence of Art Serabian muddles up things a bit. Maybe that’s what also happened here?

Viewing 3 reply threads
Reply To: Art Serabian
Your information: