A Tidbit of News for Ken- and my first post

HOME Forums Open Discussion A Tidbit of News for Ken- and my first post

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Unknown,Unknown
      Participant

Hi Ken

I’m new here, and I’ve been checking out your site for a while. I think it’s pretty cool that you have these message boards, it’s a good way for us fans to communicate. Speaking of which, I myself have been a fan of yours, Roberta’s and Sierra’s games since I was a young child. ”King’s Quest V” introduced me to the world of computer gaming 11 years ago, and I was five years old. I’ve been a dedicated gamer ever since, and I can tell you, from the loads of meaningless games that are out today, yours and Roberta’s presence is greatly missed in the gaming industry. There are a few modern classics–I recommend the Kingdom Hearts series, the Baldur’s Gate Series and The Longest Journey as great gaming experiences.–both other than a few good games there’s nothing that truly matches up to the Sierra legacy. Which leads me to my tidbit of news–
      Bruce Hack, the head of Vivendi Games, has recently announced in an interview the creation of a new Vivendi Games division called ”Sierra Online” (without the dash) that would specialize in casual internet entertainment and gaming. After reading a recent interview of yours, I hope that you might be interested, because it would be up your alley, and perhaps you could point Mr. Hack in the right direction for this new group. As far as the main Sierra goes, after being shutdown in 2004, it seems that Vivendi is taking small steps to bringing Sierra back. The website for Sierra, http://www.sierra.com was revamped a few days ago, and several development studios including Massive Entertainment and Swordfish Studios are listed in Sierra’s corporate info as being part of the Sierra umbrella.
      Anyway, sorry for the long post, but I hope that you found this interesting and perhaps with your counsel Vivendi could bring Sierra back to something of what it once was. It’s obvious that after all these years in business you still  have some awesome ideas for the entertainment industry.

• #28498 Reply
      Unknown,Unknown
      Participant

Do you have a link to Bruce Hack’s interview by chance?

• #28499 Reply
      Unknown,Unknown
      Participant
    • #28500 Reply
      Unknown,Unknown
      Participant

Cool, thanks!

Viewing 3 reply threads
Reply To: A Tidbit of News for Ken- and my first post
Your information: