A little request (probably not realistic but I thought I would ask anyway)

HOME Forums SierraGamers Website A little request (probably not realistic but I thought I would ask anyway)

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Unknown,Unknown
      Participant

Ken, Not sure if you would be willing to do this or not, but I thought it would be neat to add a live chat client to the site where people could come and chat live with one-another in addition to the static message boards.

One unique thing about that could be where you, Roberta, or any other special guest could possibly schedule certain dates to join the chat and open up a live Q&A session or something along those lines…

Anyway, just a thought…

• #21724 Reply
      Unknown,Unknown
      Participant

(re: A little request (probably not realistic but I thought I would ask anyway)) Good idea .. and, not hard to add. There are lots of chat clients out there that could be linked.
      I’m bogged down working on the next release of the software. My guess is that it’ll be a month before I can think these kinds of thoughts. Brad Herbert and Brandon Klasson have been helping me out with webmastering this site. Perhaps one of them (or, someone else) could assume a leadership role in making this happen.
      I think all that would need to be done is to choose someones chat, and link to it, from somewhere on this site. It is possible that no code needs to be written.
      I’ll focus on this next month…
      -Ken W

• #21725 Reply
      Unknown,Unknown
      Participant

(re: re: A little request (probably not realistic but I thought I would ask anyway))

Cool! Thanks for considering it. I’ll look forward to seeing it take shape. Sadly, I’ll probably be offline for the next month or more. I was recenly laid off from Gateway (the computer company) and did not have much luck in locating a new job here in Virginia, so I decided to get back into school and finsh working on my Bachelors Degree in Computer Science and will be moving to North Carolina next month to fulfill that goal (ok, enough of the sad-sap story) Anyway, I’ll try to check things out in a couple of months of so…Thanks.

Viewing 2 reply threads
Reply To: Reply #21725 in A little request (probably not realistic but I thought I would ask anyway)
Your information:

Cancel