Reply To: Not All Fairy Tales Have Happy Endings: The Rise and Fall of Sierra On-Line

HOME Forums Sierra Books and more Not All Fairy Tales Have Happy Endings: The Rise and Fall of Sierra On-Line Reply To: Not All Fairy Tales Have Happy Endings: The Rise and Fall of Sierra On-Line

Leonid

Dear Ken,

I have a few more questions (after the completion of your incredible book):
Can you give an example of the lousy product shipped by Sierra, a “dog”, and what was the main criteria, the sales figures, I suppose? It is nice to know two or three real examples!

Also, please give a few examples of the impossible technical task at times requested by designers from engineering?
Obviously, 3D effects, advanced music and extensive graphics (disk space limitation etc.), but what else it could be?

And one more: An AGI/SCI, whose idea it was and how it worked technically: every game developer has the AGI/SCI compiler installed at his machine, or it was some centralized system with restricted access for some particular people?

By the way: Hi from Azerbaijan, I spent many of my young days (and nights) playing great Sierra games in my colledge computer lab (please do not ask where from a poor post-Soviet student was getting them)!