HOME › Forums › Sierra Books and more › Not All Fairy Tales Have Happy Endings: The Rise and Fall of Sierra On-Line › Reply To: Not All Fairy Tales Have Happy Endings: The Rise and Fall of Sierra On-Line
Answers, preceded by ***
– how many months were needed to complete it?
*** My book was written quickly. I spent about 2 months on the writing, and then 4 months on editing and rewriting. I sent out a lot of copies prior to the release and wound up rewriting major portions of the book. The last third of the book was rewritten more than once.
– as I understand correctly: it’s only your personal memories of Sierra?
*** Mostly. There were things I didn’t remember, or never knew, like what happened to Sierra after the sale. Other people filled in the details.
– are there employees or other people presented in the book you still meet or are friends with?
*** I’d like to think I am friends with most Sierra employees, but I never see them. The only person I regularly see is Al Lowe, and even with him I don’t see him nearly as often as I’d like to. Roberta and I travel most of the time and are never in one place long enough to see people.
– on the first page is written version ‘v1’ in my book. Does this mean a new version will be released too?
*** I might do a second version of the book someday and add more content. That said, there really isn’t much more to say, and I don’t have any free time right now. So .. it’s unlikely I’ll do a revision anytime soon.
– can I post all questions here as a reply or does each question (about a new topic/chapter) better needs a new thread in this forum?
*** I don’t really know this software (WordPress) very well. I’m still trying to figure out how to get the most recent messages to appear at the top (and, haven’t figured it out). So .. do what you like and hopefully it will be ok. I’m not sure what is best.