Reply To: Activision Set to Sell Sierra

HOME Forums Open Discussion Activision Set to Sell Sierra Reply To: Activision Set to Sell Sierra

Unknown,Unknown
Participant

Well, firstly you’re definitely going for Sierra’s classic tenderloin, which is most definitely going to be pricey if Activision even decides to sell the rights. Leisure Suit Larry, King’s Quest, Space Quest, Quest for Glory, Gabriel Knight, Freddy Pharkas: Frontier Pharmacist and Torin’s Passage– buddy, you may as well buy Sierra with that ambition. I’m no genius when it comes to the price this sort of thing, but, unless Activision could care less about the titles you mentioned (which may or may not be possible), I figure you’re looking at, or over 50K (more for Larry and King’s Quest, I’m sure) for each series and probably 2-5K for each individual. Even if those numbers are a small or great exaggeration, for games that had installments with budgets over 1-2 million USD as well as worldwide popularity, nothing’s going to be cheap either way. But, if you don’t mind me asking, what ARE you going to do with them? Hang their rights on you wall and say, “That was my favorite sieries when I was young”, or are you in the software industry yourself and have great ambitions to recreate these classics? Whatever the reason, really concider if you are the distined owner of these games.