Reply To: AGD’s account of King’s Quest

HOME Forums Fan Fiction, Games & Art AGD’s account of King’s Quest Reply To: AGD’s account of King’s Quest

Unknown,Unknown
Participant

Quote:
“… (by Brandon Klassen) I wish KQ2VGA and KQ7 were fresher in my mind. I really need to play KQ7 again. Alex stays in the land of the Green Isles at the end of KQ6. I don’t remember what happened to Rosella in KQ7 at the end – what were the specific details?

“…at the end of the King’s Quest games” – well, we are at the end of the King’s Quest games. As far as Roberta is concerned, I guess KQ7 is the end. I don’t know if she still considers Mask canon after it didn’t really turn out how she envisioned. I need to play that game again too – I don’t remember what happened at the end of Mask
…”

Rosella ended up staying with Edgar in the Kingdom of Clouds. Don’t remember seeing any wedding scene though. But I only played it through once, and that was more than 10 years ago. Couldn’t do it again. I just didn’t think that KQ7 was that good. It was too Disney, the savegame system was exquisitely horrible, and the boogeyman world was designed to see if indeed my fist could penetrate the glass of my monitor (IIRC the boogeyman would pop up at random intervals and it was a death sentence when he did; there was no defense except perhaps being close enough to the screen edge. Ooga Booga Land should have been called “Restore Land” instead.)

The end of Mask of Eternity is fresh in my memory as I played it through for the first time less than a year ago. After you smack down the guy who caused the whole mess of everyone in Daventry turning to stone, the last scene shows that all the apostles have been restored and the mask re-assembled. Connor draws a sword, and that’s pretty much the end of the game, and the end of Sierra’s KQ. Not really a fitting end to such a series, but I guess spectacular flameouts like that are to be expected when the company gets sold off and the core devteam either leaves or gets fired. If you want another case study, look what happened to Ultima.

I’m really curious to see what’s going to happen with KQIX. From the screen shots it looks like they’re tying the worlds from KQ6, 7, and 8 together. From Caesar’s writings that I’ve skimmed over here and there it looks like a LOT is going into the story. Quite a novelty these days….