Reply To: Email: You fell off KENNY BOY!! YOU FELL OFF!!!

HOME Forums Ken Williams Questions and answers / Thanks Forum Email: You fell off KENNY BOY!! YOU FELL OFF!!! Reply To: Email: You fell off KENNY BOY!! YOU FELL OFF!!!

Unknown,Unknown
Participant

(re: re: re: re: RE: You fell off KENNY BOY!! YOU FELL OFF!!!)

A few recent adventures (as in since around 2000 or so):

The X Files (PS1)
Final Fantasy series (PS1/2 & GCube)
Escape from Monkey Island (PS2)
Law & Order (PC)
CSI (PC)
Dracula the Resurrection (PS1)
Incredible Crisis (PS1)
Pokemon series (N64, GB, & GCube)
Banjo-Kazooie series (N64, GBA)

I’m just pointing out that adventure has died at all. It has evolved. Ken, you’re absolutely right about focus. I notice, from my own ownership, that games like X Files or Banjo are really fun. I learned to accept that the adventures look and play different. I wouldn’t object to another King’s Quest that plays like 8, as long as there’s joystick support this time. I feel that LucasArts did good with Monkey Island 4, making it very Mario 64-ish, yet being Monkey Island. I’ve no idea what VU will do to Larry 9 (or whatever number Al’s going by) will be similar.

Sierra sure had a unique style. But a “credible universe” is something more, so much more, important to a game than anything else. Note Diablo, EverQuest and Final Fantasy 11. I don’t think that King’s Quest Online is a bad idea, but more depths than a bunch Grahams running around is needed.
However, as I stated before, something’s around the corner here in gaming. We’ll know it when we see it 😀