Reply To: So Ken, anymore news on this “meeting” with Sierra’s CEO in April?

HOME Forums Ken Williams Questions and answers / Thanks Forum So Ken, anymore news on this “meeting” with Sierra’s CEO in April? Reply To: So Ken, anymore news on this “meeting” with Sierra’s CEO in April?

Unknown,Unknown
Participant

(re: re: re: So Ken, anymore news on this “meeting” with Sierra’s CEO in April?)

I’m not sure if VU is 100% to blame for the current state of Sierra. Take a look at Blizzard. They’re owned by VU and they still churn out good products (one in a couple years, but they’ve always done that).

Also, when you goto the Sierra site, they say they do HL, but you are always forwarded to a VU site (support, etc). You can’t even e-mail sierra directly anymore for tech support (which stinks).

I’m thinking, and this is a long shot, that Sierra/VU is close to publishing HL2 which they are claiming will “revive the computer game industry.” (every time I hear/read that I wonder what they’re talking about: I’ve been buying games for year and have been happy!). They’re probley hoping it will revive Sierra/VU, and since Valve is owned by them, they will got lots of $$$ from sales & engine liscences.

But ken, I hope you get through to them. Or maybe you could get a couple of “promising” people together & invest in them to start something you’d like (not work with, just nudge them along). 🙂