Reply To: A question for Ken – Sierra after move to Coarsegold/Oakhurst

HOME Forums Ken Williams Questions and answers / Thanks Forum A question for Ken – Sierra after move to Coarsegold/Oakhurst Reply To: A question for Ken – Sierra after move to Coarsegold/Oakhurst

Unknown,Unknown
Participant

(re: A question for Ken – Sierra after move to Coarsegold/Oakhurst) Adventure Games is NOT a fringe market. Though there was a lean period in the mid to late nineties, it is currently nowhere near dying out. If you lived in Europe, or as I do in a country which gets games from both North America and Europe, you’d know that.

The only genre I see imploding in on itself in the near future is the first-person shooter. The heavily hyped Doom 3 is an utter embarresment to say the least. And during the last few years the world market has been absolutely drowned in unimaginitive, repetitive dross. Why is 3DRealms taking its time with Duke4Ever’s development? I reckon they’re waiting for the market to utterly fail, so they can step in with a fun, creative game to revitalise it all (and make them look like genuises).