Reply To: Thank you Larry for my A in English Class!

HOME Forums Ken Williams Questions and answers / Thanks Forum Thank you Larry for my A in English Class! Reply To: Thank you Larry for my A in English Class!

Unknown,Unknown
Participant

(re: Thank you Larry for my A in English Class!)

Sierra taught me how to type, and since I was the only fella with a SoundBlaster, I had games and Windows 3.1 making all kinds of “real” sounds instead of the standard bloop and beeps.

A friend of mine can play all Sierra and Square Enix game tunes by ear, and has written many techno pieces based on the Sierra games in the late ’90s before being killed in Iraq.

He was working on something during the war (it’s a war: they shoot at us, we shoot at them) which I was mailed. Also, being from Germany as a child, he, too, learned English from video games, mostly Sierra games in the late 80s and early 90s and Square Enix games in the mid and late 90s.

Most of my other friends just played Larry for the sexual content, and kept killing Graham in the remake of King’s Quest 1. I recently gave that game to my fiancee’s brothers and sisters, and they keep killing Graham, thinking it’s funny. They also torute Pac-Man in Pac-Man 2, and get into arguements with the computer in Larry 3.

I know that almost everybody has some Sierra games if they owned a PC in the late 80s/early 90s.