Reply To: HELP: King’s Quest Collection on Windows XP

HOME Forums Bugs / Tech Help HELP: King’s Quest Collection on Windows XP Reply To: HELP: King’s Quest Collection on Windows XP

Unknown,Unknown
Participant

(re: re: re: re: re: HELP: King’s Quest Collection on Windows XP)

There’s a Goodwill store down by UNLV (right across the street, near the Post Office) that has (as of yesterday afternoon) King’s Quest V, but they didn’t let check it out. It had a funny box, a purple box, not the blue box. Also, there was LB1 and a CD copy of LB2, which I bought. The LB1 is for Mac, but was priced rather high for a thrift store, as a new copy of Battlefield something was only $15 and this LB1 was $30, so I passed on it.

Also, be on the look-out for extremely good pirates on eBay. The old PC games that are pirated are grainy on the cover, but only if you hold the box right up to your eye (which can’t be done on eBay) and the shrink wrap is very stiff and heavy, which is the type of shrink wrap sold to small businesses or consumers. The disks’ labels are printed in Publisher or something, but it’s just plain, and these can look like pirates.

I told the seller he sold me a bunk version. He refunded me promptly and I sent the copy of SQ4 for Mac back to him.
I honestly feel he didn’t know, just beware is all I can warn. PlayStation games, too.