Reply To: HELP: King’s Quest Collection on Windows XP

HOME Forums Bugs / Tech Help HELP: King’s Quest Collection on Windows XP Reply To: HELP: King’s Quest Collection on Windows XP

Unknown,Unknown
Participant

(re: HELP: King’s Quest Collection on Windows XP) The only sealed copies are Slash copies.

Since floppies start de-magnetizing after 2.5 years, I’d never, ever buy anything sealed that’s on any form of magnetic data (no, I never bought VHS movies, I bought LD and VCD).

Having worked with PCs for over 24 years, and I know about data loss.

The copy of LB1 that caught my eye was a dual floppy version, and at the store, I was allowed to install and boot it up on one of there PCs for sale. Both versions are okay, but it was strange that both were on extremely low density disks. Both 360 KB, one version was 5.25 floppy, the onther was 3.5 floppy. That answered me as to why the box was so heavy. All the goodies were in there, times two. It was only 5 bucks, but since I own 3 copies of LB1 already, I passed and hoped somebody like you could find it. The really weird was it was in a white box under the cover, just like the other 3 copies I own. I’ve never seen LB1 in a beige box like my original Silpheed or Leisure Suit Larry copies are.

If I come across any copies again, I’ll send notice to this website, and location of store in LV. I’m only going to do this to pre-VU Sierra products.